News Iowa Disaster Assistance/Your Life Iowa
Due to severe weather experienced in July, Governor Reynolds has issued two disaster proclamations that “activates” the Iowa Individual Assistance Grant Program. This program provides grants of up to $5,000 for households with incomes up to 200% of the federal poverty level. Grants are available for home or car repairs, replacement of clothing or food, and temporary housing expenses related to the disaster.
- The deadline to turn in applications for the following counties is August 30th - Appanoose, Bremer, Calhoun, Davis, Fayette, Lucas, Monroe, Sac, Wapello and Winneshiek
- The deadline for Howard county is September 23rd
- An application is attached and can be turned into Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation.
- For more information:
- Disaster Assistance Programs | Iowa Department of Human Services
- For the Iowa Individual Disaster Assistance Grant program information call toll-free 1-877-347-5678.
Your Life Iowa Notice from DHS:
“Due to a storm system that swept across Iowa on Monday, Aug. 10, 2020, causing significant damage and power outages, you may have trouble connecting your call with Your Life Iowa (855-581-8111) or 1-800-BETS OFF. The online chat and text options are still available, and may be more reliable until all services can be restored. (Text to 1-855-895-8398 and click here to chat).”
Back: All News